Welcome to the ongoing PiTouch Unboxing.
In this installment, we go from zero to interesting in the shortest path possible.
Our next adventure begins on the KivyPie Download page, a bootable Raspberry Pi image with the Kivy touch development environment pre-installed.
- Download the KivyPie image
- Confirm the MD5 hash of the zip
- Unzip the image
- Write the image to SDCard
- Put the SDCard in the Raspberry Pi
- Power up the Pi by flipping the USB Backdrive switch
- Login (with a keyboard or over ssh to 'sysop@kivypie' or 'firstname.lastname@example.org) with password 'posys'
Inside the sysop users home directory are a couple projects ready to run, however our focus is on a project inside the kivy examples archive.
- unzip kivy-1.8.0.zip
- cd kivy-1.8.0/examples/gestures
- start the gesture_board.py app "python gesture_board.py"
Enjoy up to 4 finger goodness!